Tuesday 7 February 2012

Parc Britannia, Bangor (Table Table)



I made my way to Parc Britannia in Parc Menai. This establishment has changed hands and owners so many times and yet still been a very well ran Restaurant/Pub and became a favorite dinning place of mine and Jerri's. On that note me and Jerri made our way to Parc Britannia For a wham bam three course meal :D TASTY!

On out arrival we ordered a cocktail to drink whilst waiting for our food and this is how my meal went. We made our way to select and available table, where we made our decision on our meal, where I made my way to the bar to where I was greeted with great service and welcoming hospitality.

My cocktail choice was a Pimm's cocktail. This drink is wired. Who puts strawberries, lime, lemon and cucumber in a drink, ill tell you who, Pimm's, with lemonade and I swear to you...Its good. Just Pimm's on it own with lemonade on its own doesn't do it for me, but add random fruit and veg into it and boom its nice. I know what your saying, Jason that doesn't make sense and ill agree but ill have another one :)
Pimms and lemonade with orange, lemon and strawberries

















For Starter i braved for Sticky Chicken Goujons, I say braved, Chicken is always a safe bet and boy they were nice; The sauce thats drizzled on the chicken is just so sweet and taste so good, It Physically makes you want more. With a little garnish salad on the side, its a great tasty dish to get you in the mood for a proper meal, On to the next one...
Battered chicken strips coated in a spiced caramel glaze. Served with a lightly dressed salad garnish    
For my main I had Chicken and BBQ Ribs Combo. I went for  the 'same' kind of dish so I wouldn't mess up my taste pallet as well deep down I knew this platter included the Sticky Goujons I had fo my starter ;) (I've been here before i know what im doing) This dish comes with chips, coleslaw and a BBQ dip as you can see below. This dish is a 'get you fingers dirty' dish. The ribs are well cooked where the meat falls off the bone and very juicy and tender in your mouth and better yet there's plenty of meat, non of this scraping every piece of meat you can find. With the cold and what seemed to be a homemade coleslaw which had a nice creamy texture and crunch, YUM, just like mam's :D Complemented with nice Chunky Chips, this dish will dill you up and satisfy your expectations. TASTY.  


Sticky battered chicken goujons and a half rack of smoky maple BBQ ribs. Served with chunky chips, coleslaw and BBQ sauce 
(I had a Full Rack)
For desert me and Jerri Shared a Ultimate Sharing Sundae, Now I will admit ive eaten this dish on my own and with the help of Jerri... Well i didnt feel like sharing to be honest ;) but this bowel of colossal sweetness is great. You can see what was in it from the image below as well as in the caption it says whats in it, but I kid you not this dessert portion has so many calories its rude to say no. With different textures and temperatures I just love it. If your going with your other half, its a great one to get but if your on your own, Man up be a LAD and get it down ya! Great Dish I WANT MORE YUM! 


Vanilla and Belgian chocolate truffle ice cream, profiteroles, chocolate fudge brownie, warm chocolate flavour fudge sauce, chocolate crunch, flakes and a whip of cream


All night the staff we're great around us always ready to help and im now sitting here thinking back on my night there with Jerri, the only issue i could think of is that... I had no signal to call a cab :/ but as a great place it is I  got to borrow their phone to call one! WINNER. As I've just said im finding it hard to even think of a bad point of the night but now there is one thing and its not only here that does this but if it wasn't because I love them it wouldnt be and issue, Onion Rings.... In a nut shell, they weren't proper onion in batter fried and unless its not it isn't onion rings... of my standard anyway.

I will be going back i hope they'll do something about there onion rings ;)


ciao for now



Service:       *****
L&S*:           ****
Money:       ***
Quality:      ****


*Location & Surrounding;

No comments:

Post a Comment