Wednesday 1 February 2012

Oscars Lounge Bar & Restaurant

So I ventured to the new Oscars Lounge Bar & Restaurant;

My first Impression; Its modern, sleek, shiny and very classy. You walk in through the bar area and make you way up stairs to the restaurant section. We were seated by a very friendly female host, after taking our drinks order, we were told to help our selfs to the all you can eat Indian which we had come in to try, Game on!
I started off with a plate of onion bhaji, poppadom and mango chutney, along with Chicken Tikka Strips fried with onion. Now it was nice dont get me wrong but sometime i just hate the hassle of 'All you can eat' Now my plan was to have this random selection plate, followed by a small portion of chicken tikka with pilau rice and then Chicken korma with the same side, but we were restricted to one plate, the initial problem occurred when I had Chutney all over my plate, I didn't want chutney with my tikka or korma so I had an issue that i resolved.....with....Naan Bread :)

My own selected 'starter' was very nice and plenty of flavor and very tasty so I moved on to the korma, Now you know how much of a sucker I am for a korma but this one didn't please me for some reason. Dont get me wrong it was very nice but there was this taste which came through, Im not sure what it was but it didn't please me very much, I found it very off putting having this taste I couldn't pin point nor was I used to having it in my korma. On that note I found the korma a disappointment for me :( at this point I moved on to the chicken tikka. At the end of my korma dish, I had way too much sauce so this ment I had to find a cunning plan of getting myself a nice clean plate without them realising it. My super spy lessons payed off and I was heading towards the buffet with a clean plate ready for my tikka. Tikka was nice, nothing WOW about it, just an usual tikka that was nice. I think the mistake I did here was going to indian in such short space of time.

Being a tad disappointed with my korma and the non WOW factor that was available I enjoyed my time in oscars We had dessert again where we found myself having the same dessert as I did in Spicy Vujon , Completely the same and i was just as disappointed as I was last time. One dessert that the group had was literally a screw ball ice cream turned on its head and the chewing gum gone, This is all it was, she paid £3(ish) for a screwball. I was very disappointed. Jerri ordered a banana split, which was more like banana in cream.... :/ AWKWARD

So all in all i liked the Oscars as place, great set up, food was great despite the disappointing korma. I hope dessert standard isn't a trend all Indian Restaurant do have because it just brings down my night. SORT IT OUT. But all in all avoid the dessert to maintain good moral and its a great place to visit with all you can eat at £8, its not 2 shabby :)

This is Jason reporting form oscars TTFN

Keep reading :)




Service:       ***
L&S*:           ***
Money:       ***
Quality:      **


*Location & Surrounding;
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment