Sunday 15 January 2012

Antelope, Bangor

So here I begin my journy journey, and we begin with The Antelope.

Situated nicely on the menai straight with a great view of the island! Well nice! As an islander it was nice to see where I call home on this beautiful frosty day over the straight.

With great location, the inside is just as good, with polite and helpful service and great chilled out atmosphere.

I started with Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings as Jerri got Prawn Salad. The wings were so much hassle free, I don't know if I got lucky with the pices pieces I got but I tell you something I striped the chicken off, which tasted great, with full flavour in the BBQ sauce to go with the honey and mustard dipping sauce and a small garnish. LOVED IT.  Jerri's Prawn salad wasn't bad either, very light but annoyed I couldn't get the small prawns on my fork :? I'll work on it!

Now for my lasagne; I ordered chips to go with the meal (I didn't need it) plenty on the plate, but I did get extra garlic bread. :p With garlic bread as my guilty pleasure I enjoyed every little bit of the meal! Great homemade lasagne with no decorations. Just here it is, eat it...and I did :p as well as Jerri's Cod, light flakey fish in light batter! YUM! Lovely

What better way to finish a 3 course meal than with an Apple Pie? TASTY! To be honest it took me ages to decide to either have Custard or Ice Cream, and in the end with the only logical reasoning I had in my head I choose Custard, why? Because I'm 20 and only little children have ice cream -_- (Damn You Mam Making Me Grow Up!) But Never the less it was very enjoyable;  I just wanted more, but my evolved stomatche stomach made to eat wouldn't have any of it :( but never the less it was very enjoyable.

And on that note as I sat there drinking my chill-out lager, deciding how to get home, with no signal on my phone it came to my conclution conclusion, except for the fact I had no signal, this place isn't bad at all to come and just relax and enjoy someones company such as Jerri. I can not at all hesitate for a second that, The Antelope is a place I woud suggest to a friend, or anyone, to go and enjoy food. :) I'll be going back :)

Service:       ***
L&S*:        *****
Money:       ***
Quality:      ***



*Location & Surrounding;

No comments:

Post a Comment