Friday 20 January 2012

Spicy Vujon Bangor

Indian Is far from being my favorite only because I'm scared to try hot things, everything I eat, has to be mild, I can't go through the sweating and the fierce gasping of air. In fact a Chicken Tikka is my limit! Which I'm quite disappointed about because I can't have a real taste and experience of food that India has to offer.

But to be fair I am a sucker for a good Korma! So with the reassurance of Jerri,  Spicy Vujon Special Chicken Korma with pilau rice, plain naan bread which followed after 2 poppadoms... each   ")

After the poppadoms with mango and mint sauce, which i fell in love with, the mango more than the mint, we were served our main. The waiter bought our food on a trolly, admittedly never seen a waiter and a trolly before, I am not going to lie I thought to myself...he's a little lazy isn't he, but then i remembered we had a table of 9 and if I had a trolly when I used to work as a waiter...I'd take it any day of the week... Moving on.

Now please comment upon this, the factor is, me and Jerri, we shared a portion of rice, which was fine but you know that moment you have nice food in front of you with plenty of sauce but u need rice to eat it with and you realise it is on Jerri's plate, not your own and then you come to the conclusion that sharing rice wasn't a good idea in an indian even though she convinced you it's 'what you do in an Indian' But as stated my korma was1st class, with amazing texture and just made me want more! With the colourful rice, it was a very beautiful dish. Not being very experimental with my indian ( I will soon I promise) I had the plain naan which I used to soak up my korma sauce (since I didn't have enough rice) and it tasted so good. Very Rich and Full of taste! YUM! I will be going there again

Dessert was to follow, but very disappointing :( for one, the outer chocolate shell over my ice cream was cracked, and it was literally  out of a pot. No 'cooking' at all :( makes me sad :( but then again it was nice :( i wanted something made for me, SORT IT OUT SPICY VUJON otherwise im only having the curry -_-

Summary;
Great Service with polite waiters, Location wasn't the best, I like to sit out of the window and watch the world go by, even though it was bangor, there wasn't a world going by and I wasn't directly next to the window. It was expensive but i've realised it's the trend of an Indian restaurant ( I could be wrong). But you do get great quality and service but shame about the dessert :(


Service:       ***
L&S*:        **
Money:       **
Quality:      ****


*Location & Surrounding;

No comments:

Post a Comment